"From now on, people can either accept you for who you are, or they can fuck off."
XXX - MEDIA PAGE 2013
↳ Preview: Version #1 / Version #2 (with About and Tags) / Version #3 (No Frills Edition) / Customized Example • Help/FAQ • Download: (Pastebin) Ver. 1 + Ver. 2 + Ver. 3 / Google
I know I’m slightly late but Happy New Year! So following the last two years, here’s a new film table/media page for 2014. I’m also trying Google as a new way to share codes. Just hover over the version you would like and an arrow will appear, choose to ‘View’ (or download if you prefer to mess with the codes first).
Please note there are three slightly different versions, so please make sure you download the right codes for the one you want. Version #1 is the ‘original’ version. It has three sections, one each for films, books and TV shows. Version #2 is an edited version so that instead of three sections for different types of media it can be used as a multi-purpose page. The three sections includes one for overall media, an about page and a space for tags. Version #3, is the simple, no frills version of just the media section.
You don’t need to worry about image sizes and positioning. I’ve coded it so that they will automatically resize; film posters and book covers will resize to 110px, screencaps will be 245px wide. The alternative images on either side are also coded so you do not need to wrong about that.
As always, please read through the help page first, if you need assistance with customizing the page. I have tried to add comments in the code in which will help, but there is alot of code, so work slowly. I have also noticed that the tumblr live preview when customizing pages, doesn’t seem to like the way I code. So things will probably look a little messed up in the preview - but just save it and it should look fine on the actual blog.
And for anyone who has the time, maybe have a go at this short questionnaire. It’ll hopefully help me understand more about what themes you want to see in the future (and I already have my next one nearly finished).
NINA: “Well, Ian is on the red carpet somewhere and if I was standing next to him, I’d be his arm candy.”
INT: “do you get shy? Does he make you giddy?”
INT: “Im sure you make him giddy as well”
2004: American Idiot
our prayers have been answered
things that make me want to set myself on fire:
- the belief that canonically rose tyler is the be-all end-all of all companions in the 50+ year history of doctor who
- the belief that ten was the most doctory, in-character regeneration of the doctor
- adding to that, the belief that the doctor is a character that should be seen as a constant, trusted hero, someone to blindly follow in faith
- the belief that river song’s purpose was to be the doctor’s love interest, and she had no life without him
- the belief that rose tyler’s life did not revolve around the doctor, and that she wouldn’t give up everything (her family, the safety of the universe) to be with him
- the denial that a significant point of the impossible girl arc was to show that, in the end, clara was just clara and not a mystery to be solved
- the denial that moffat showed eleven’s view of clara as being a puzzle as a negative thing
- the extremely subjective belief that amy pond and other female characters in moffat’s era are unrelatable and two-dimensional, and because it applies to a group of people on tumblr, it applies to everyone
- the belief that signing a shitty petition to get a man fired, and the belief that it would actually work
- the phrase “don’t you think he looks tired?” being used as an actual means of putting down moffat and being seen as an intellectual, clever and legitimate piece in an argument
- the belief that russell t. davies had a better understanding of the ideology of doctor who and the character of the doctor than any previous or current writer
- the belief that moffat took a shit on the rtd era and retconned the show, when in fact rtd that ignored and change a good chunk of classic who history, and it’s been happening since the show began, and shouldn’t be seen as a bad thing
- the belief that russell t. davies’ doctor who is the highest, original standard way of writing doctor who
- the denial that moffat has paid tribute and included more references and ideas from classic who than rtd ever did
- the belief that a small group of users of a blogging website with senses of superiority, misinformed articles/quotes/metas, and borderline social justice blogger-like agendas, hold the majority of beliefs and facts of doctor who fans and fandom
- the fact that the same people who preach independent thinking, strong mentalities, and fairness, are the same people who don’t check the facts of an article, bully and degrade others for liking something they don’t, and are EXTREMELY easily influenced by a majority mob mentality, and a popular tumblr post.
- the fact that some people out-right avoid acknowledging or reblogging posts (e.g. karen gillan’s opinion on moffat/amy pond crit, actual accurate moffat quotes on feminism and sexism, the correction of facts on a countless number of misinformed doctor who posts about the moffat era) for the sake of living in the delusional state of the views of the “majority” of the dw fandom on tumblr
- that fact that i have such a ridiculous list of things that people actually do, and think they’re in the right of, that make me want to set myself on fire
- ffs people